A Blog By Any Other Name

it's about crochet ..... it's about writing ....

My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Part of me is a wife and mom, part of me is a writer and poet and part of me is still a kid in jeans tooling around in my VW Beetle listening to Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, James Taylor ... and The Beatles ...

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Today is Button Day

Do you save buttons?
Do you buy the strip of five buttons when you only need four?
Or the little bag of a dozen cute buttons when you only wanted
the one with the fancy edge?
Do you cut the buttons off of a blouse or shirt that is too worn
to be sent to Goodwill?
Do you have a button tin to keep all those wayward buttons?

I do.
 Yes, it formerly held a fruit cake.
Almost all good tins formerly held a fruit cake.
You throw away the cake and keep the tin.
I love tins.

I have a tin full of cookie cutters.
I have a tin holding miscellaneous pens and pencils.
(It's cute.  It's a little Charles Chips can.)

My Grandmother had a button tin.
My mother had a button tin.
Sad to say,
I don't know what happened to either my Grandmother's or my Mother's tin
but I now have a tin of my own.
The buttons in my Grandmother's tin were old and interesting,
mine, not so much.

Oh, here's a cute article about keeping buttons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter