A Blog By Any Other Name

it's about crochet ..... it's about writing ....

My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Part of me is a wife and mom, part of me is a writer and poet and part of me is still a kid in jeans tooling around in my VW Beetle listening to Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, James Taylor ... and The Beatles ...

Saturday, June 07, 2014

...a pattern by any other name....

The granny square and ripple are two of the most repeated patterns.
A change of color or a different stitch can change an old standard
into something new.

I was looking at my collection of Crochet World magazines and came across an afghan pattern called "Autumn Leaves."  And then, in a very short period of time, a came across "Contemporary Pinwheel Throw" and "Fence Rail Afghan."  The last two patterns are a variation.  It is bold, geometric pattern that may have the potential for variety much like the granny and ripple.

Autumn Leaves
Contemporary Pinwheel Throw
Winter's Eve Throw

I even found a similar sewing pattern for a purse.
Denim Beauty

The Autumn Leaves pattern is in an old Crochet World magazine but the other three are available at e-patternscentral.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter