A Blog By Any Other Name

it's about crochet ..... it's about writing ....

My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Part of me is a wife and mom, part of me is a writer and poet and part of me is still a kid in jeans tooling around in my VW Beetle listening to Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, James Taylor ... and The Beatles ...

Friday, October 26, 2007

Another party heard from ....

My daughter has informed me that if one is going to have a Blog one must also update said Blog and that once every four or five months doesn’t count. As if she needs to read my Blog to know what is happening…I talk to her every day. Maybe she’s hoping for some deep dark revelations. Guess what, my dear, I don’t have any. At least I don’t think I do.

In June, my son and his wife visited Peru. She wanted to see her grandmother who is not well. This was quite an accomplishment for my son since he doesn’t like to fly. All went well except that my son has decided he may never be able to keep track of who’s who in her family.

Harry Potter survived and I’ve decided to try to learn Spanish.

I finished a couple of old crochet projects and we’ve started to make a dent in the stacks of boxes invading our home space. We’re turning my son’s bedroom into an office/guest room. It’s a quiet place for my husband when he works at home and it could be a place for someone to stay overnight. My husband has been trying to go through the boxes filled with his mother’s things. It’s hard. He gets rid of a little here and there but some it he puts aside for later.

My son celebrated another birthday as well as his first wedding anniversary. Congratulations, Mr. B.

My daughter is still trying to juggle work and school while trying to decide what to do with the rest of her life. Wish I had some magic answers. It’s all well and good to say you can do whatever you want but what she needs is a clue as to where to begin looking. I hate to tell her, but sometimes you don’t know until you look back and think, “That’s what I’ve done with my life.”

They say they’re making progress on the fires. If the high winds had continued, I’m afraid all of Southern California would be on fire now.

So, on that happy note, Happy Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter