A Blog By Any Other Name

it's about crochet ..... it's about writing ....

My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Part of me is a wife and mom, part of me is a writer and poet and part of me is still a kid in jeans tooling around in my VW Beetle listening to Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, James Taylor ... and The Beatles ...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

candy is dandy .....

I receive A.Word.A.Day e-mails from wordsmith.org.  
Each e-mail focuses on a particular word
and ends with a quote of some kind.
One of the recent quotes was from Ogden Nash.

"Some tortures are physical
And some are mental,
But the one that is both
Is dental". 
-Ogden Nash, poet (1902-1971) 

Ogden Nash was one of my Dad's favorites.
He knew many of Nash's poems by heart and
loved to recite them at opportune moments.  
I probably love Ogden Nash's work because, 
along with being funny,
it reminds me of my Dad.

His favorite one was:

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter