A Blog By Any Other Name

it's about crochet ..... it's about writing ....

My Photo
Name:
Location: California

Part of me is a wife and mom, part of me is a writer and poet and part of me is still a kid in jeans tooling around in my VW Beetle listening to Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, James Taylor ... and The Beatles ...

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Do you remember ...




"Slinky is a helical spring that stretches and can bounce up and down.
It can perform a number of tricks,
including traveling down a flight of steps end-over-end as it stretches
and re-forms itself with the aid of gravity and its own momentum.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slinky 

In 1943, Richard James, a naval engineer, was working
with tension springs and dropped one.
How it moved after it hit the ground,
gave James an idea for a new toy.

Christmas, 1945, Slinky debuted at Gimbel’s Department Store
in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
http://inventors.about.com/od/sstartinventions/a/slinky.htm 

Although I knew about them, I never had a Slinky.
I never wanted a Slinky.  
 It seemed like a cool thing, I just couldn’t decide what to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter